• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended by a company truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happycamper03

What is the name of your state? California
I was rear ended after making a sudden stop in traffic by a frito lay truck. Both vehicles had to be towed. Refused an ambulance but went to the emergency room several hours later for lower back pain. 5 days later I still have considerable pain and could not find a doctor that would treat me. I returned to the emergency room and was prescribed light duty and six sessions of physical therapy. I obtained a copy of the police report that leaves no doubt that the truck driver was at fault. Two questions: Do you think I will need a lawyer? Why is it so hard to find a doctor that will handle back injuries from auto accidents?

You Are Guilty

happycamper03 said:
Two questions: Do you think I will need a lawyer? Why is it so hard to find a doctor that will handle back injuries from auto accidents?
Two answers:

Need? Maybe not. What have you done so far yourself to obviate a lawyer's intervention?

Find a quack chiro? You must live in the sticks. I can't swing a cat and not hit about 4 or 5 around here. Keep looking, there are plenty out there.

Lynx 36

If you're seeking punitive damages you better go to an actual doctor w/ a P.h.d. not a quack chiro (most of them are anyway). If the only documentation provided to me on injury settlements is meds from a chiro only. I don't pay a dime. Chiros consistently over-treat their patients, and when they have to appear in court they will be completely shredded by the insurance companies lawyers and doctors (real ones that is). There is nothing better than watching a chiro on the stand trying to justify treatment, and looking like a fool in the process. They are easily discredited. Now if a neurologist refers them to a chiro (which they never do) you may have something. But w/o the referral of a doctor your injury claim doesn't hold much weight.

Quote: "Why is it so hard to find a doctor that will handle back injuries from auto accidents?"

Doctors assume you will be represented by an an atty and don't want to put themselves at risk f/ getting sued f/ malpractice by some injury shark is why. The back is a delicate part of the body. Even w/ treatment and surgery it may not function like it did before. Doctors don't want to get sued if they can't heal you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">