• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended by drunk driver hit & run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madsk2

What is the name of your state? Delaware
On Friday 12/29/06 @ 5:50p I was rear ended by a drunk driver while I was stopped at a red light. The driver who hit me came to my car window several times begging me not to call the police. Of course I did call 911. I was in a very dark isolated area, so I was scared, but I did crack my window enough to hand him a pencil & paper in an attempt to get his name. A woman who was passing by stopped and pulled over to stay with me until the police & my family arrived. Once the police showed up the drunk driver took off
through a wooded area. The police did not find him, but they did get registration & insurance information on the car. Once both vehicles were towed & I was given a complaint by the officer, I called the company that insured the vehicle that hit me & filed a claim, I made arrangements for my kids & went to the emergency room to be checked. I have not spoken to anyone from the insurance company yet, but plan to call them on Tuesday. My questions are how will this proceed since the driver left the scene of the accident? How do I get a rental car? Can I request the place for repairs to my vehicle? Will I be compensated for my injuries? ( back, neck & knee)

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Delaware
On Friday 12/29/06 @ 5:50p I was rear ended by a drunk driver while I was stopped at a red light. The driver who hit me came to my car window several times begging me not to call the police. Of course I did call 911. I was in a very dark isolated area, so I was scared, but I did crack my window enough to hand him a pencil & paper in an attempt to get his name. A woman who was passing by stopped and pulled over to stay with me until the police & my family arrived. Once the police showed up the drunk driver took off
through a wooded area. The police did not find him, but they did get registration & insurance information on the car. Once both vehicles were towed & I was given a complaint by the officer, I called the company that insured the vehicle that hit me & filed a claim, I made arrangements for my kids & went to the emergency room to be checked. I have not spoken to anyone from the insurance company yet, but plan to call them on Tuesday. My questions are how will this proceed since the driver left the scene of the accident? How do I get a rental car? Can I request the place for repairs to my vehicle? Will I be compensated for my injuries? ( back, neck & knee)
File with YOUR insruance company.

moburkes

Yep. In DE, your insurance company pays for your medical bills. You can ask for a rental, or go through your own carrier if you have the coverage. You can wait for them to authorize the repair of your vehicle, or you can go through your carrier for the repairs if you have collision. You will receive your deductible back, if/when they get it back from the owner of the vehicle's insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">