• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended - help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FISHHARD1

What is the name of your state? California

My wife was stopped on the freeway and rear ended by another car. this pushed her in to the car in front of her. the woman in the other claimed she was hit from behind and pushed into my wife. damage to her car does indicate she was hit, but it is clear by the extensive damage to the rear of my wife's car and much less damage to the woman's car that the accident was her fault and that the car that hit her (and fled) only did so because this woman stopped so fast. we are waiting for the police report that we think and hope will confirm this. the damage to the cars seems to clearly tell the tale of fault, but we are having a problem with the insurance company. they are saying that this woman is placing that blame on this driver that fled the scene and our insurance has already turned the claim over to the uninsured motorist department. i am waiting for a call back from them to see for myself what is going on.

i guess my question is, has anyone ever experienced anything like this or has any input. the above is, of course, in addition to some medical expenses and being out a low mileage, paid for car in great condition that we will surely not get reimbursed enough for. will we need to sue this woman so we don't have any out-of-pocket espenses.

sorry for the long story. if anyone has any imput or questions, please ask.

thank,

Matt

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">