• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended. Insurance company not cooperating. Need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazmann

Hello all. I live in Washington. My wife was rear ended on Christmas eve. The rear ender was cited and found to be at fault. His insurer is farmers. There was substantial rear end and possible frame damage done to our new Chrysler concorde limited 2002 purchased for $32k. There were minor injuries to my wife and a passenger.
My problem is this: As this vehicle was my wifes only mode of transportation, we got a rental. Farmers said they would only cover 25 bucks a day for a rental. The tower and fire department at the scene seemed to think our car was totalled. Farmers has alread told us that due to the value of the car they will try and get it fixed. If they fix the car, I assume that it's resale/tradein value will be lower. Do I have any say in the matter? Additionaly, the passenger in our car had a laptop in the trunk, which was damaged. Farmers says they won't pay for repairs on the laptop. What can I do?
Can I and should I either get an independent appraisal or have my insurance appraiser(Allstate) look at it?

L

LLG

Farmers will try to blow you off, what I had to do was go to my Insurance company (allstate) and have them pay your medical, car damage and replace the laptop. Allstate replaced my laptop, I know its not fair to have to use your insurance company but Farmers will not work with you. I had 1500.00 in damages to my vechicle and farmers sent me a check for 79.00. as for any pain and suffering they will do the same. I have had to sue the person that caused my rearend accident in civil court, in fact she called over the weekend leaving a message saying she did not know me, Hhahahhaha, oh well she has 30 days to respond to the summons...... good luck!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">