• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended insurance says totaled.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MoodControl

What is the name of your state? Alaska
I was rear ended . The damage to the vehicle is more than 6,000 dollars. Car only worth about 2500 or so. Insurance wants to offer me 1600. My question is can I go after the person that hit me for the full repair bill even though the insurance company says its totaled.( its still driveable thank goodness). Should i accept the insurance sompanys offer and eat the rest of the bill or should i try to go after the party that hit me. and would i have a chance to win my case if it did goto court. I just dont know what to do .

Happy Trails

MoodControl said:
What is the name of your state? Alaska
I was rear ended . The damage to the vehicle is more than 6,000 dollars. Car only worth about 2500 or so. Insurance wants to offer me 1600. My question is can I go after the person that hit me for the full repair bill even though the insurance company says its totaled.( its still driveable thank goodness). Should i accept the insurance sompanys offer and eat the rest of the bill or should i try to go after the party that hit me. and would i have a chance to win my case if it did goto court. I just dont know what to do .
You are only entitled to the 'book value' of your car. Some insurance companies will allow you to keep the car for a price. If the insurance company pays you full book value, then the car is theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">