• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended in MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emsumner

My wife and I were rear ended in Jan, 2000 in Maryland and our Acura was totaled. The other driver was not cited because the police officer said he'd just let the insurance companies take care of it. The other guy's policy paid for our car, and attempted to settle with us at that point. The driver of the truck has policy limits of 20k per person / 40k per accident. Both us and the other driver had progressive at the time. My wife has had severe pain since then and has been seeing doctors and specilists to nail down the source. It has been a trying experience and very hard for both of us. We hired a personal injury attorney and he has been helping guide us through everything but I still have some questions..First I don't think his $20k is going to even pay for my wife's medical expenses. We have $50k of underinsured motorist coverage through Progressive at the time, will this kick in even though the same company holds both policies? How will a settlement be reached with him only having a low liablilty limit? Who pays for the outstanding medical bills above the limit?
Any other relevant information anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">