• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended in NH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awem

What is the name of your state? NH
I was in a rear end accident in August,2006. In NH one must stop for pedestrians in cross walks, which are clearly marked. I stopped, the driver behind me did not. The result was 4 months of PT, continued exercises to keep the chronic pain absent, and difficutly driving through the community I work in b/c of the accident and the number of pedestrian walks. I moved to NH to be closer to my grandchildren and the accident impacted my ability to and continues to impact my ability to care for them at the same level I enjoyed prior to the accident. I have completed PT, but adjunct treatment could be helpful, such as massage therapy, gym membership and was recommended. I had no prior injuries, nor chronic pain prior to this incident. I am 57yrs old, have a 40m min drive to work which was and can be painful, and am not able to pay for the adjunct treatments due to financial constraints. I was wearing a seat belt, had an ambulance take me to the hospital due to my condition at the time. The other driver was a young man, not wearing his seat belt and in my memory, not by police report, he was talking on his cell phone. He was driving for a local auto parts store. Any ideas of possible settlement things to think about,or amount to consider??

moburkes

You need an attorney.

What are the other driver's liability limits? Did he even have insurance? Do you have medical coverage on your auto policy? Do you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your policy?

awem

rear ended in nh

Yes the other person had insurance, or his company did, he was a driver for a local auto parts store, not sure of the limits. According to the state insurance dept, my insurance company(Ohio licensed) was responsible for the medical bills and they have been paid, so far there is approx $5000.00 in bills. Yes, there is uninsured/underinsured on my policy. Their insurance company paid for the repairs for my car quite promptly.

moburkes

Check to see if your company offers double the liability limits when you wear your seat belt. Are you an OH resident, or haven't you changed your insurance to NH yet? If you don't know the liability limits of the other vehicle, then you need an attorney. That's the best we can tell you when you don't have the proper information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">