• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevin-rf

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Accident occured in PA.
I live in MA, The other driver and vehicle are from NJ.

Question, My vehicle was totaled by another driver (rear ending), no injuries.
At this point I have settled with my insurance, they are paying me the NADA book value for the vehicle.

What recourse do I have for recovering the hotel and extra rental car fees (the rental insurance) not covered by the settlement.

Should I send the owner of the vehicle (a company) a letter with an itemized bill with the extra expenses as a first step and if they refuse to pay take them to court in PA? The car that hit me was owned by a company and not the driver of the vehicle.

Kevin
btw. if you are far from home and your car gets total'd you have to find another way to get home since enterprise will make you return the car to the point of origin (or charge you well in excess of $400). I know who I will never rent from again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">