• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended - pls advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cayman

What is the name of your state? CA

These are the facts I have been told. My sister was rear ended the other morning. She was stopped and waiting to make a right hand turn (turn lane only). She moved forward to get a better view of cross traffic when she was rear ended. I'm not quite clear if the car behind her was at a stop the accelerated or simply failed to stop in time - est speed under 10m.p.h.. Apparently there is no visible damage that she is able to see, to her car, which is fairly new. However, the other car - 30yo sedan - has a bumper thats bent. The person claims it was damaged in the accident.

She was hit really hard and was suprised at the lack of damage.

The person who hit her said they have a friend in insurance so they will talk to them first. Also, they'll get a couple repair estamates then get back to her to, "work out a deal", mentioning that it probably wouldn't be more than $500 to fix the bumper.

My sister is elderly (60's) and on a fixed income. At this time, my sister is hesitant to mention anything to her insurance in fear that they will raise her rates. She also feels intimidated by this person since they're talking like they expect her to split the cost of their repairs..

Tomorrow, my sister will be visiting a few repair places, just in case.

I can't help but feel that she is being taken advantage of.What is the name of your state?

Shay-Pari'e

The other driver is at fault and your sister needs to notify her insurance company.

Tell her to pay no one and let her insurance do what they are paid to do.

ecmst12

Her rates will not go up due to a not-at-fault accident, and the person that hit her is a JERK who's trying to take advantage of her!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">