• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear-ended and totaled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bones_5

my 5 year old daughter and i were rear-ended 11 mos ago while waiting for a green light. a man driving a hummer totaled our camry. my daughter seem to be ok, and i only had some neck pain. the man was issued a ticket by the police. a day later we check ourselves to a hospital and our doctors have determined that i had some concussion. one of the doctors suggested that i do some physical therapy but decided no to go through with it. the pain was not enough for me to take off from work. i was issued a check for my car for $9,000 by my insurance which also happens to be his insurance co.

i made a claim for medical and rental and threaten to sue for pain and suffering. they seem to be playing a delaying tactic on us. is really worth the aggravation? should i get a lawyer to deal with this instead? or should i just let it all go and forget all about it. i am just mad at this man! he could have killed my daughter! our car's entire trunk was all smashed up with glass all over the place. :mad:

thanks.
mom :(

R

Raisinette

Have they offered to settle your claims, bones? What specifically makes you say the insurance company has engaged in a "delaying tactic?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">