• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended, uninsured driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heytherefromwa

What is the name of your state?wa

I was rear ended at a stop sign waiting for traffic. At the time of the accident i did not have insurance. I am curious how this works as far as my claim goes with the other persons auto insurance. They are currently fixing my vehicle, but i also have a pre-existing back problem that was almost non existent until i was hit, now i am in constant pain again. I just dont know about what my rights are, or my options. Should i contact a lawyer? The police were not called and his insurance company doesnt know that i wasnt insured at the time of the wreck. What should i do???
Thank you all very much for any information that you can give me.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

heytherefromwa said:
What is the name of your state?wa

I was rear ended at a stop sign waiting for traffic. At the time of the accident i did not have insurance. I am curious how this works as far as my claim goes with the other persons auto insurance. They are currently fixing my vehicle, but i also have a pre-existing back problem that was almost non existent until i was hit, now i am in constant pain again. I just dont know about what my rights are, or my options. Should i contact a lawyer? The police were not called and his insurance company doesnt know that i wasnt insured at the time of the wreck. What should i do???
Thank you all very much for any information that you can give me.
You not having insurance does not make the other driver any less at fault for the damages they caused.

Someone that has more knowledge on what approach you should take next, now that a pre-existing injury has flared up as a result of the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">