• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lefty18

What is the name of your state? Florida

First time accident. I'm looking for advice. I was rear ended at a stop light. The car pushed me 10-12 feet into the vehicle in front of me.(The person who hit me was cited) They sustained minimal bumper damage. My car was totaled, according to their appraiser. The insurance Co. will pay off the lien. (So far we have not settled) I went to the ER with whiplash and follow ups to my dr. I am in high school and play a sport in which I signed with a college. I have missed school and practice days. And still get headaches which my Dr is checking out. What is my compensation value for this as I understand that the central concept is that you should be compensated in a manner that, as best as the law can arrange, places you back in the same position as you were before the accident. I'm out my down payment for th car and the 10 months I paid for it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

teflon_jones

You're entitled to whatever the FMV (fair market value) of your vehicle is. That's it for property damage compensation. Your settlement should have nothing to do with how much your lien is right now.

You're also entitled to have your medical bills paid, and they may offer you a very small amount for pain and suffering. That's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">