• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ender - compound problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phrecklesrsexy

Rear Ender - compound problem PLEASE HELP

What is the name of your state? Nebraska.

Hi all,

Well I've done something very, very stupid and the reasons why don't matter so here goes:

On Sat, Nov 5, I had a car accident where I rearended someone and then the driver behind me proceeded to rear end me.

Imagine my horror upon discovering that my license expired on my birthday about a week beforehand and that my car insurance had lapsed.

The damage to the car in front of me didn't seem substantial, so I'm sure I can pay for that easily, but I'm wondering a few things:
1. the insurance company for the driver behind me will pay for my car's damages, as he was following too closely, right? God, I hope so.
2. What is the best way for me to handle calling the gent that I hit and saying hey, I found out my insurance had lapsed and I know I need to pay for your damages to your car (no one was hurt), so if you could please get three estimates, I'd be happy to pay for that? I'm at a loss here.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">