• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ender trying again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Starry809

What is the name of your state? Washington

rear ended. other person had insurance. medical bills only 2-3 thousand but lost 7 days of work.
(doctor gave release date to work and wouldnt release early. )
Am I entitled to lost wages or anything else?
insurance paid auto damage at 1100.00. and is slowly paying medical bills.

Starry809

(Washington state)
my boss filled out a paper stating the amount of time i lost from work, and I have the dates on the release papers from the doctor of when I was released to go back to work.

The accident report stated the other driver only "tapped" me and she stated she was only going 5 miles an hour at most, yet the damage to my van was over 1100.00 (adjuster came out and insurance paid that, without arguement), and medical was 2500+. will the accident report influence settlement for wages, medical and p&s?

teflon_jones

Starry809 said:
Will the accident report influence settlement for wages, medical and p&s?
This is really a very open-ended question. It depends on the insurance company, particular adjuster assigned to the case, the state you live in, the history of the insurance company in successfully settling similar claims, and some other factors. If they're paying your medical and have repaired your car, I wouldn't expect much more. Maybe they'll offer you a couple of hundred $$ for P&S, maybe not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">