• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rearend auto accident????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hillbillygal

Had a small rearend accident last August in Tennessee. I was at a redlight when hit from behind. The police report states the other driver was reaching for an object when he hit my car. Police came and I asked about calling someone for medical attention her words were "Ma'mm we can call someone but there is not much damage to your car." My estimate of not much damage was over $1,500.00. They cut a check for $1,300. I did recieve medical attention less than 2 weeks later. His insurance wanted x-rays and they got it, my doctor said possible fracture at the base of the neck. The ct scan came back good and I recieved pain killers, nerve pills and an injection in the back of the neck which greatly helped. I still have headaches to this day. The doctor bills were over $2,400 not including medicine. They did not pay my doctor bills until this month after I wrote them a nasty letter stating I would seek a lawyer if they were not paid within 2 weeks. I almost paid the doctor bills myself, Thank God I didn't. I have no health insurance and make $2.13 hr. plus tips. I am thinking of writing a demand letter and requesting $3,500 for time off from work, pain and suffering and etc. I feel this is alot lower than what a lawyer would ask for, but being the honest person I am, I don't want to take advantage of them. I just want what I feel I am entitled to. Have I been on the mountain too long or am I in the right direction? Just sign me as a redneck that may not know any better. Thanks for taking the time to read this!
P.S. I paid for the medicine myself and haven't recieved reimbursment for that yet. Had to use a charge card, should they have to pay the intrest on that or what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">