• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rearend collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hippy

What is the name of your state? wyoming..first of all let me say thanks to all for your time and advice...i was at a stop light and was hit in the rear by a 16 year old kid.1500 to my vehical and 5000 to his..he was cited for careless driving resulting in accident,speed of 30-40.long storey short is i was unable to work for 5 months,4 displaced ribs,some pretty sore neck strain and also have a disc bulged in low back..went to therapy for around a year and was released.use a tens unit,steroid injections2-3 times a year and pain killers,antiflamitorys and muscle relaxers..my pain doctor said theres a procedure for artifical disc replacement and that would be the best way to go..well now the kids insurance company wants to settle with me..offered me 35,000 and said i dont need this surgery,i explained that i do if i hope to some day get off the meds and experience my old normal life...i dont know what the policy limitations are,the adjuster is being a real pain in the butt..i realize i probably wont be able to return to the way things were and i have accepted that and moved foward,life is way to short and i am thankful i have what have.. but i would like to be compensated fairly,i dont want nothing more than i deserve...my bills and out of pocket are around 25-30 thousand..the insurance company and also adjuster has told me a dozen times they want to settle and get things over.. any advice will be greatly appricated!! thanks.

divgradcurl

"my bills and out of pocket are around 25-30 thousand"

Why haven't you hired a personal injury attorney if your bills are this high?

H

hippy

i had one,he also claimed he can help take care of the doctors until we settle..well several doctors sent me to collections.i got alot of double talk from him.after deciding he wasnt looking out for my best interests i fired him..he sent the request to the judge and it was granted.ive learned more about the law than i ever thought i could and am trying to finish this on my own,i have talked to another attorney although, why would i want to hire him if when he takes his third i wont have enough to recover my lost? can his insurance be forced to pay anymore than the policy limitations?i really belive they are trying to force me to settle.they know the problems and the accident is undissputed..by the way,my past lawyer recieved an offer of 5000...lots less than what they offered me..after i got my file back i found alot of missing information wasnt there..i gathered all documents i was needing and talked to the adjuster..his offer of 35 k was on the phone last night..i was surprised he didnt send me a letter....thanks for your response...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">