• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rearended 15 mos ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lauren21

I heard a rumor and want to know if it is true that in the state of INDIANA, the law says that auto insurance company's must pay 3 times the amount of medical bills for pain and suffering compensation when you are not at fault in the accident. This is all supposed to happen without lawyers or going to court. Is this true if not what can I do short of going to court? Or do I have to? Here is my story:

I was the first car in a four car accident. I was struck twice in the rear. I was driving a truck and hit my head on the window behind be twice. I ended up being taken away by ambulance. I sought medical treatment for my right leg which goes numb when I am in a position for more than a couple minutes. It was definately worse when it first occured because I could not sleep for about a week. The doctors ran several tests on me including a painful EEG, and xrays twice. They were never able to diagnose the problem. This happened in January of '00

Lauren

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">