• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rearended and confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memeAce4

What is the name of your state? ILLinois
Please help my car was rearended last week, newly bought. Driver of SUV slammed into us while we were wating for a light to change which pushed us into another SUV, the SUV in front of us sustained no dammage and the driver of the car in front of us went to the police station as well as the driver who rearended us. She said she was available as a witness but took all our insurance info. My car was damaged front and rear the driver of the vehicle was not the ownwer and lives in a nother state. It as been 10 days now and the adjuster for the rearenders ins co. is telling me she is still investigating the accident. They have sent out and appraiser and damages are estimated at over $6,000. In the mean time my car sits in front of my house a wreck.
I do not want to have to pay the deductable for my insurance to have it repaired. I have a laywer for personal injury. Sorry for being so lengthy but 3 questions.
1. The police report did bot assign fault- how is this possible when she clearly smacked us (probably distacted)
2. Is there another report we havent seen?
3. Do you think the insurace adjuster is trying to wiggle out of this by telling me 2 different stories "I'm still trying to get in touch with the other drivers"
and "There's a question about the drivers age" that hit us (driver listed 28 as age) on the motorist report done at the police station.
Please respond pulling my hair out and my back is still hurting!!!!

teflon_jones

memeAce4 said:
1. The police report did bot assign fault- how is this possible when she clearly smacked us (probably distacted)
The police assigning fault and the insurance company assigning fault are two different things. Don't worry about the police.
memeAce4 said:
2. Is there another report we havent seen?
There should be an accident report from the police. That's it.
memeAce4 said:
3. Do you think the insurace adjuster is trying to wiggle out of this by telling me 2 different stories "I'm still trying to get in touch with the other drivers"
and "There's a question about the drivers age" that hit us (driver listed 28 as age) on the motorist report done at the police station.
The other insurance company will always try and wriggle out of it so they don't have to pay. If you want your car fixed now, file a claim with your insurance and let them go after the other insurance company. This should not raise your rates since the accident wasn't your fault, and you'll be reimbursed your deductible once you settle with the other insurance company.

Why do you have a lawyer for personal injury? It doesn't sound like you were really injured very much. If you had gone through your own insurance company they would have provided a lawyer for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">