• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rearended in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Clearsound

What is the name of your state? TN

hello,

I was waiting at a corner to turn into a store, a left turn with blinker on. about 30 seconds I sat there, waiting for the all clear to turn left. as i was sitting there, I heard a short skid, and was immediately spinng across the road. at the last second, i looked up and saw a car trying to sweerve to the right to miss me. their car caught the right rear end of my car ( about the tailight) and i was sailing across the road. I ended up about 40 feet, with a spin on the other side of the road. I sat for a minute, got out, and there was a totaled saturn off to the right of the place i was sitting. her car on the left side was gone. very little damage to my car, thank god to the strength of a saab. many witness came over to see if i was all right, and all of them said that" the other driver was traveling at great speed, and had her head turned talking to the passnger in the fron tseat with her. was not looking at the road. I have approx 8 statements from witnesses stating basically the same thing. high rate of speed 9 speed limit is 35, estimated spped was 50-70 to one person said FLYING.

about an hour or so after the accident, i beggan having servere pain in my cervical area, headaches and numbness in my arms and fingers. my boss convinced me to go to the hospital, where x-ray was taken, and showed 'cervical sprain, and no borken bones. drs report said he could not rule out radiculophy. he gave me pain meds, steriods, and advised rest. after about 10 days, i had not inproved and still had sever headaches, numbness and weakness in arms and fingers. went back to er, and again, x-ray showed swelling but no fractures, but concluded again that he could not rule out radiculophy. another week went by, still worsening symptoms so i went to primary doctor who ordered an mri. mri revelaled a 'soft disk herniation at c-5/ which extends into both neural formamins." " at c6-7 a focal ( left sided) HNP is noted, with a definate compression of the left c-7 nerve root"
( these are notes from nurosurgeon)

I was to try conservative treatment consisting of pt, ultrasound tracking, heat pads, and epidural steroid shots. I did all this, but neck still hurts. went thru 4 months of pt ( was declared unable to work) and apon examination, dr recomended surgical options, which i needed to talk to my family about as there was only slight improvement. I found out sunday i have lost my job due to this accident.

the insurance company, admmitied liability for the accident, addmitted neglagence, but now are questioning weather i had been hurt cause of damage to my car etc etc.

I am of VERY limited financial means, and will probably lose my insurance due to loss of job no way i can afford cobra payments. have talked to several attorneys, who all want me to have the surgery, and are confident this case is a lock. But, i cannot afford to sit for 5-6 months with no income. this has cause such stress on my family, my wife and i are divorcing. i really cant wait finacially for the process to work, even though the financial outcome has been almost assured.

the adjuster has called and want to meet me.

what do i do? the key here is that i do not have the funds to go thru a 6 month battale. I will be homless, and withneck surgery at that.

suggestions please!! Do I try to settle with the adjuster? i have read this guys book on the tricks, and i have lawyer friends who will consult by phone if i meet with him. i need help !!!

thank you

HomeGuru

Clearsound said:
What is the name of your state? TN

hello,

I was waiting at a corner to turn into a store, a left turn with blinker on. about 30 seconds I sat there, waiting for the all clear to turn left. as i was sitting there, I heard a short skid, and was immediately spinng across the road. at the last second, i looked up and saw a car trying to sweerve to the right to miss me. their car caught the right rear end of my car ( about the tailight) and i was sailing across the road. I ended up about 40 feet, with a spin on the other side of the road. I sat for a minute, got out, and there was a totaled saturn off to the right of the place i was sitting. her car on the left side was gone. very little damage to my car, thank god to the strength of a saab. many witness came over to see if i was all right, and all of them said that" the other driver was traveling at great speed, and had her head turned talking to the passnger in the fron tseat with her. was not looking at the road. I have approx 8 statements from witnesses stating basically the same thing. high rate of speed 9 speed limit is 35, estimated spped was 50-70 to one person said FLYING.

about an hour or so after the accident, i beggan having servere pain in my cervical area, headaches and numbness in my arms and fingers. my boss convinced me to go to the hospital, where x-ray was taken, and showed 'cervical sprain, and no borken bones. drs report said he could not rule out radiculophy. he gave me pain meds, steriods, and advised rest. after about 10 days, i had not inproved and still had sever headaches, numbness and weakness in arms and fingers. went back to er, and again, x-ray showed swelling but no fractures, but concluded again that he could not rule out radiculophy. another week went by, still worsening symptoms so i went to primary doctor who ordered an mri. mri revelaled a 'soft disk herniation at c-5/ which extends into both neural formamins." " at c6-7 a focal ( left sided) HNP is noted, with a definate compression of the left c-7 nerve root"
( these are notes from nurosurgeon)

I was to try conservative treatment consisting of pt, ultrasound tracking, heat pads, and epidural steroid shots. I did all this, but neck still hurts. went thru 4 months of pt ( was declared unable to work) and apon examination, dr recomended surgical options, which i needed to talk to my family about as there was only slight improvement. I found out sunday i have lost my job due to this accident.

the insurance company, admmitied liability for the accident, addmitted neglagence, but now are questioning weather i had been hurt cause of damage to my car etc etc.

I am of VERY limited financial means, and will probably lose my insurance due to loss of job no way i can afford cobra payments. have talked to several attorneys, who all want me to have the surgery, and are confident this case is a lock. But, i cannot afford to sit for 5-6 months with no income. this has cause such stress on my family, my wife and i are divorcing. i really cant wait finacially for the process to work, even though the financial outcome has been almost assured.

the adjuster has called and want to meet me.

what do i do? the key here is that i do not have the funds to go thru a 6 month battale. I will be homless, and withneck surgery at that.

suggestions please!! Do I try to settle with the adjuster? i have read this guys book on the tricks, and i have lawyer friends who will consult by phone if i meet with him. i need help !!!

thank you
**A: contact a personal injury attorney like yesterday.

C

Clearsound

I have talked with serveral attorneys. they all want me to go thru a 6 month to a year process. I CANNOT finacially do that, i have spent almost every dime i have with co-pays and such. literly, down to my last dime. what am i supposed to do, have neck surgery, and live in the street? I AM OUT OF MONEY !!!!!!!

Jeter

This situation really sucks and I feel for you. You may have to settle with the adjuster. Any other means requires representation. I hope someone can offer some other suggestions.

C

Clearsound

New developements

well, since i last posted, my nuero-surgeon indeed had to perfom surgey. I was completly losing feeling in fingers in both hands, and shots didnt work with pain. remarkablly, pain is gone. i had 2 disks removed, bonre fusion on c4-5 and c-67 with plates put on both.

My medical bills are approx 70k dollars and i have lost 35,000 from my job, if i still have one.

I have hired an attorney, but all this guy does is nothing. I have basicaly been released medically, with a follow up in 60 days, but should be no further treatment.

My attorney keeps talking about taking the guys house and other nonsense like that, although the insurance comapny seems egaer to settle

I cannot understand why my attorney wants to stall?

the ammounts that have been mentioned by insurance co, have been very reasonable, and quite high acually.

Is this another attorney being greedy, or is this normal?

there limit is 250k on the policy, and thats basicaly what they have offered. My attorney was in the insurance biz for 25 years, so he knows about it, but the stalling thing is what gets me. there is no chance we can take his house, cars, clothes or whatever, nor do i have an interest too. i just want this settled fairly, which seems the insurance company has offered.

any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">