• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rebuilt engine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

broken engine

What is the name of your state? arizona
Hello, I paid someone to rebuild my 1991 toyota 4clinder engine. I went with him because he races circle track and uses toyota engines. After 9 months of waiting and various excuses I got the truck back. Immediatly when I started it I heard rattling. I drove it 23 miles out to my parents house and the engine died.
I had the following things done to the engine in the rebuild:
He welded and "stroked" the crank shaft, Ross cold forged pistons and Eagle connecting rods.
A local machine shop told me upon inspection of the parts that it was the crankshaft and the poor workmanship of the machine shop that was the cause of failure. It has been 6 months later and I have been told that he would replace the damaged parts, but I feel he is putting me off and won't refund me the parts or money I paid as a deposit. I gave him 2,000 to start the job and the final bill was 4,100. He is trying place the blame on "driver abuse" and that it is my fault and he isn't responsible for the damage. Also, I gave him a check for $1,000 when I got the truck and was going to send the rest later but canceled the check when the engine died. He said he bounced some checks because of this and could sue me for this and the remainder of the bill. But other times he says just give him the part numbers at a parts store and he will have them sent to me, but they never arrive and I get excusses everytime I call to follow up.
What can I do now and do I have a chance to get my money back in small claims court. I have many e-mails from I have kept as well as invoices and a voice message stating that he owes me money.
Please help me...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">