• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receive bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

getalifebud

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

We received our first bill from my husband's accident from the first insurance company. We are waiting on the other to come in. We are considering BK and wanted to know do we ignore the bill or do we make minimum payments? Thank you in advance.

G

getalifebud

never mind

We decided to make an appointment with a bankruptcy attorney. Thanks:)

F

franklin2003

You should also consider getting a divorce, then you would not be resonsible for the bills, and the bankruptcy wont hurt your credit because you are not married!

G

getalifebud

No way

I sincerely appreciate the advice but I would never consider divorcing my husband. When we first got married most of our credit was in my name. Over the past two years my husband has been laid off many times. In fact, he is getting laid off again on Thursday. I can't work because I have four young children. Day care would cost too much for me to even go to work. I don't qualify for assistance so that is out. As a result of the layoffs my credit is already shot. We are barely making it and BK is our only option at this moment. We have an appointment with a BK attorney on Friday so we can review our options with him.

G

getalifebud

saw an attorney

We saw a BK attorney yesterday. As soon as we get our tax refund we are going to file for BK chap 7. So, wish us luck with that and thank you for the advice and my other questions from the BK board and this board. Ya'll are really great.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">