• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

received a ticket but not from the officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marilyngc

I was in a minor car accident. The officer I called to the scene, and he wrote the report and no tickets were issued. However, in the mail I received a ticket from the other motorist who I had the accident with for careless driving. I will admit I hold some responsibility for this minor accident, but I did not act careless in anyway. It was just bad timing and an accident. Now how do I go before the judge and defend myself under this situation. Please help me with the wording to state my cause. In conclusion, I just received a letter from a lawyer. It appears to me that a minor accident might just be this persons cash cow!
I live in NJ. How can a person claim all this stuff when first the person was fine, walking around and claimed no injuries on the police report and now all this. This is dishonest and I am upset. If you can offer advise no these situation, I would appreciate it, especially his claim that I was careless driving. I am scared and never went to court before. Thank you, Marilyn

Z

zoloft1

Im sorry

Im sorry I cant help you with your case, Im in the same boat, No one will respond to my message either. I was directed to this board, by someone, Who said they can help me. I GUESS NOT. I see alot of very nasty reply's, but really no help. Wish I could help you. Have you tried contacting an attorney just to see what you can do and what your rights are?. GOOD LUCK.

HomeGuru

zoloft1, there are indeed contributors that can help you on this forum but you have been very impatient. You have also posted a number of identical posts further adding to the confusion. Your remarks on this thread do not help you in getting advice.

Z

zoloft1

HomeGuru said:
zoloft1, there are indeed contributors that can help you on this forum but you have been very impatient. You have also posted a number of identical posts further adding to the confusion. Your remarks on this thread do not help you in getting advice.
Yes I know there are some that can help me and others. but why must there always be a smark remark?. And yes Im impatient and I do have only one other post. I will delete it thankyou. I dont see how me remarks can stop me from getting help.Its remarks like yours that make some people not post. thank you. and I will not be back to the board. This COULD be a very GOOD site, if it wasnt for all the wise ass remarks. and NO there isnt a tired skid by me name either, as you said in another post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">