• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recent car accident, need help or advice regarding insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcharlebois

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently in a car accident a couple weeks ago, and I was not at fault and the insurance was all clear, and the car was written off as totaled. The problem is the car was in my mother's name, and she recieved the insurance check but has no plans of purchasing a new vehicle. She plans on squandering the money (most probably on drugs and alcohol) with who ever she is cheating on my father with. I was wondering if there was any possible way to stop her and if her unfaithful ways can be used against her on this. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me
-J. Charlebois

seniorjudge

jcharlebois said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was recently in a car accident a couple weeks ago, and I was not at fault and the insurance was all clear, and the car was written off as totaled. The problem is the car was in my mother's name, and she recieved the insurance check but has no plans of purchasing a new vehicle. She plans on squandering the money (most probably on drugs and alcohol) with who ever she is cheating on my father with. I was wondering if there was any possible way to stop her and if her unfaithful ways can be used against her on this. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me
-J. Charlebois
You want us to help you with getting ma's money away from her?

zippysgoddess

Sorry, no way to force her to replace the car. They only have to give her the equivelent amount of money that would, in theory, make her as whole as she was before the accident, in this case that was the FMV of the car. What she does with it is entirely up to her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">