• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recieved traffic Ticket, but had no liscense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spilner

What is the name of your state? PA

So i got a traffic ticket back in October and i plead not guilty to it because i thought i might be able to win the case with what i have. When i was pulled over i was currently serving a 30 day suspension on my liscense, and at the time i still had about 6 days left. The officer pulled me over on the turnpike and asked for my drivers liscense. I handed him my liscense that I hadn't sent back to PENNDOT and he went back to his car. I thought for sure he was going to come back and ask me to get out of the car, but instead he came back and gave me my liscense back and a ticket, and then i drove away. The first thing is when i recieved a copy of the reason why i was being cited in the mail it had listed a 2004 Eagle Talon, when i drive a 98 (there is no such thing as a 2004)

Now my main thing is I can't see how i could recieve a moving violation if i am not liscensed to drive. I know it may sound wrong to try and use something like this as an attempt to get out of something like a ticket, but this is the reason i am trying to go to school in a couple of years. I thought I could either say that it was NOT me driving the car, because i have never heard of an 04 Talon and didn't have a liscense, or i could just say that it couldn't be me cause i couldn't drive. So any help out there with weather or not this might work would be awsome. Thanks in advance

stephenk

go with the argument that you were not licensed to drive at the time of the ticket. Be sure and bring proof that your license was suspended at that time.

Forget about the wrong year of the car,, that doesnt matter since the plate can be run to determine it is your car.

Spilner

thanks for your help and reply......

By the way, this forum is everything i've been looking for in legal advice, i'm sorry i can't contribute much in the way of helping, but hopefully i'll eventually be able too. Thanks to the admin for a great idea of a forum

tammy8

Ummmm Stephen was entirely joking!

You CAN go to jail for DWLR
You CAN be fined huge fees for lying to cop
You CAN lose your vehicle

Best thing to do is plead guilty and quietly go out of the courtroom and hope and pray that you are one of those who slip through the cracks!

JETX

Just a comment....
Don't pray to hard to have this issue 'fall through the cracks'.
As soon as your guilty plea hits the state computer, it will likely be flagged as a DWLS violation and you will get the thrill of some additional first-hand legal experience.

tammy8

Sorry Stephen!

Sometimes I can't help feeling sorry for the STUPID!!!!!

Wonder how the op gets out of bed in the morning;) !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">