• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

recoup pip (no-fault) deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jim12

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

Hi,

I have a $100 deductible on my PIP on my auto ins policy (i have since learned to bring it down to $0). Per NYS No-Fault Law, I am personally responsible for the $100 and although the other insurance company has admitted 100% liability for their driver running into our vehicle (vehicle was totalled, driver left the scene and recd a midemeanor charge, and my 14 yr old daughter taken to ER for neck, shoulder soreness - she is ok) , it does not sound like they will make me "whole" by reimb by $100 out of pocket deductible.

Is there anyway to get this money back?

Someone told me the other company could possible reimb thru liablility but i spoke to their agent who was not the most friendly person in the world, and he led me to believe that this is not the case.

I am not trying to make money on this accident and even agreed to take my ins company estimate for totalled vehicle which means they do not have to come upstate (that ins company is a downstate company) and have vehicle assessed - this saves them more than $100 i'm sure.

If there are any suggestions on anyway I can get my money, please let me know -- thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">