• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering Cost of Insurance Deductible

• Thread starter if_i_only_had_a_brain
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

if_i_only_had_a_brain

I was in an accident just this morning in PA, nothing was damaged except my car. As I was making a left from a major road onto a side street, the other driver was also making a left from the side street onto the major road. He had a stop sign and I did not. My car was struck by his car on the drivers-side rear door. Police were called, they stated that no report was required since no one suffered bodily harm and both cars were drivable. I called my insurance company and in order to complete repairs I will need to pay the $500 deductible that I agreed to in my policy.

My question: Can I recover the $500 deductible from the inept driver? Can I recover other costs associated with the accident that were not covered by my Insurance?

Talk to your adjuster and see what their exact procedure is. Once your claim is processed it will be assigned for subrogation. Possibly another adjuster will be in charge of recovering what they paid out to include attempting to recover your deductable and out of pocket expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">