• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering Health Costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arizonayogaguy

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I was injured in an auto accident by a drunk drive 2 years ago. The case has just settled and I can honestly say I am very dissappointed in the settlement. My auto policy did not have over-insured/under-insured coverage. My healthcare carrier covered most of my $12,000 in med. bills, but they did not cover about $5000 that incured from going out of my network coverage and not having a referral. It was an emergency situation and the hospital had recommended the doctor. Aetna will not cover it saying too bad you went out of your network. My attorney even said good luck getting this back.

Is there an agency or a way I can recover this out of pocket cost to me of $5000. When you are in an emergency situation, it is kind of difficult to wait for your primary care physican to give you a referral. Any suggestions on how I can ask Aetna to cover this, or another organization I can write to?

Thank you for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">