• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refund on Air Travel for flight to Israel/Unstable Gov't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cindy2000

I have scheduled a trip to Israel, and since the recent developements of war in the city, I am not sure I want to still go on my trip. However, it seems the company will not refund the $2,500 that the trip has cost. Is there some law(s) that would reserve me the right to receive my money back?? My departure date is Monday the 16th, of October.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Probably not, unless your ticket was refundable. Otherwise, you take the risk with war, flood, fire, any acts of god, etc.

But just to be sure, check your state law by going to state laws at the freeadvice.com homepage, click on it, then click on state statutes and then click on your state and look. OR call the better business bureau in your county. To do this, check out the link below:

www.bbb.com

Also, if you cannot get a refund, see if you can get a credit.

L

LadyFable

did you have any restrictions on the ticket purchase ? If you purchased the ticket with restrictions, there might be a strong chance you will not get reimbursement, however, you may be able to use the cost of that ticket towards another ticket at a future date. If that is the case, there will more than likely be an additional processing fee to make the changes. Also, if the ticket you purchase in the future is more expensive than the other ticket you may be required to pay the difference.

I am not a lawyer nor do I proclaim to be one. What I state here is merely MY opinion. nothing more.. nothing less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">