• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refuse to settle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dowop

What is the name of your state?MS.
I was rear ended in August, 2004. GEICO, the insurance carrier for the person at fault settled the vehicle damage almost immediately.

The hospital I was rushed to incorrectly billed,and was paid by, Medicare. I should have been billed directly. Those bills are between myself and GEICO. Now the insurance company refuses to settle the case because Medicare has sent them a letter of demand for re-imbursment, which I totally understand.

Taking it a step further. I,not Medicare, am responsible for the bills until this matter is settled. If not re-imbursed by GEICO Medicare deducts amounts paid on this claim from my monthly pension. I feel GEICO is taking advantage of the situation, stalling, by waiting on Medicare to take their next step. There are no more steps to take.

What course of action should I proceed with? Hire an attorney?

Lynx 36

Quote:What course of action should I proceed with? Hire an attorney?

You could hire an atty. Insurance companies generally do not pay meds until they settle punitive damages first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">