• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding Rights of Uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liftspirit

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend of mine was involved in a bad auto accident recently, that was caused by another driver. It was night time on a two lane highway, when an approaching vehicle attempting to pass an 18 wheeler, crossed the double center line and struck the drivers side of my friends car. The impact sent my friends car off the roadway, and pinned her in the car. She was life-flighted to the hospital and underwent surgery on her upper arm. Doctors told her she almost lost her arm. They found paint and glass debris embedded in her arm, that came from the vehicle that hit her.
My friend was not the cause of this accident, the other party was cited. But, my friend had no insurance on her vehicle, and it was totaled. What compensation is she entitled to? She is not able to go back to work for a while and her arm is badly injured. Does the fact that she has no insurance on her car negate her rights to compensation for her medical injuries, loss of work, and pain and suffering from the other parties insurance?

C

condaggitt

Yes she would not be entitled to pain and suffering. just her medical bills and maybe some loss of pay.

But the BIG $$$$$ she could get is gone, because she didnt have insurance. And righty so.

Why should she get compensated for her negligence in getting insurance, and then all of us have to foot the higher insurance bills?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">