• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registration ticket and insurance question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drewp

What is the name of your state? NY

I recently got a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle. THe issue is that at the time my car was registered but i misplaced the document. I have been trying to obtain a copy of the old registration (which expired soon after) and have been having trouble getting it from the DMV. Unfortunately the deadline is coming up soon and i have no time to go to the DMV, to make sure i get a copy. IF i just plead guilty and pay the ticket, can this in anyway effect my insurance?

JETX

drewp said:
IF i just plead guilty and pay the ticket, can this in anyway effect my insurance?
Ahhh, yes. I doubt your company will insure an unregistered vehicle.

drewp

The car is in fact registered, im just having trouble obtaining a copy of my old registration to fight off the ticket. Id like to just pay the ticket so i dont have to deal with the dmv and obtain a copy of my old registration, but im worrieda bout it effecting my insurance.

Lynx 36

Having traffic violations can impact your insurance rates. If I were you I would find the time to get to the BMV and get a copy of your current registration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">