• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release and Receipt by Mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bob26104

What is the name of your state? WV

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for opinions about a problem. To keep the story as short as possible, I'm trying to seddle with an adjustor about an injury claim from an accident. I made an agreement with him over the phone. He sent me a release that only addresses the medical bills and a receipt that addresses the medical bills and the pain and suffering amount. That alone sounds fishy to me but he wants me to sign these documents and send them to him via mail (he is about 100 miles away). Then he says he'll cut the checks and mail them back.

Does anybody know, is this realy standard practice? I even offered to drive to his town and office to do it in person and he wouldn't commit to that.

I sure appreciate the help,
Bob :eek:

seniorjudge

bob26104 said:
What is the name of your state? WV

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for opinions about a problem. To keep the story as short as possible, I'm trying to seddle with an adjustor about an injury claim from an accident. I made an agreement with him over the phone. He sent me a release that only addresses the medical bills and a receipt that addresses the medical bills and the pain and suffering amount. That alone sounds fishy to me but he wants me to sign these documents and send them to him via mail (he is about 100 miles away). Then he says he'll cut the checks and mail them back.

Does anybody know, is this realy standard practice? I even offered to drive to his town and office to do it in person and he wouldn't commit to that.

I sure appreciate the help,
Bob :eek:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=302060

post in original thread

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">