+ Reply to Thread
    bob26104 is offline Junior Member

Release and Receipt by Mail

What is the name of your state? WV

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for opinions about a problem. To keep the story as short as possible, I'm trying to seddle with an adjustor about an injury claim from an accident. I made an agreement with him over the phone. He sent me a release that only addresses the medical bills and a receipt that addresses the medical bills and the pain and suffering amount. That alone sounds fishy to me but he wants me to sign these documents and send them to him via mail (he is about 100 miles away). Then he says he'll cut the checks and mail them back.

Does anybody know, is this realy standard practice? I even offered to drive to his town and office to do it in person and he wouldn't commit to that.

I sure appreciate the help,
    Bob
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob26104
    What is the name of your state? WV

Hi folks,

I'm still looking for opinions about a problem. To keep the story as short as possible, I'm trying to seddle with an adjustor about an injury claim from an accident. I made an agreement with him over the phone. He sent me a release that only addresses the medical bills and a receipt that addresses the medical bills and the pain and suffering amount. That alone sounds fishy to me but he wants me to sign these documents and send them to him via mail (he is about 100 miles away). Then he says he'll cut the checks and mail them back.

Does anybody know, is this realy standard practice? I even offered to drive to his town and office to do it in person and he wouldn't commit to that.

I sure appreciate the help,
    Bob

[url]http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=302060[/url]

post in original thread
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.