• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release for Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

digiteyz

I live in California, I hit a parked car. The owner and I have decided to settle ourselves, No Insurance. I have agreed to pay for her damage. Is there a release of some sort, that you can direct me too.....?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS

In consideration of the sum of $_____, the undersigned releases _________[name of party against whom claim was made] from any claim, obligation, or liability, whether past, present, or future, for the damage and injury sustained by the undersigned as a result of _________[identify claim by describing pertinent facts].
The undersigned expressly acknowledges and agrees that this release is intended to extinguish all claims of every type, including those known and unknown and those suspected and unsuspected, without regard to whether they are now known or suspected, even if those claims may materially affect the undersigned’s decision to enter into this release. This is a full and final release, and the undersigned expressly waives any right under Civil Code section 1542, which provides:
GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Although it is possible that the undersigned may discover new or additional damages or injuries, this release is intended to include all claims against _________[name of party against whom claim was made] and to extinguish all obligations in favor of the undersigned arising from the facts described above.

Dated _________.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">