• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removed contents of vehicle before police arrived

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tutigirl

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I was involved in a accicent where i received a ticket for failure to yield. The other driver refused medical treatment and i was told today that before the cops had arrived that he removed contents as in speakers and things of that nature out of his vehicle and someone left with them. Is this legal to do? It just seems supicious !

justalayman

Is this legal to do?
if it is his car and the property is his, yes it is BUT if is something that was involved in the accident (just as a easy point; window tinting) then he could be charged with hiding removing and hiding evidence.

It just seems supicious
sure does. I'm betting there was a really good reason he did not want the police to see whatever he removed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">