• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental car coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paulvanhelmond

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Recently I was in a car accident. My car is not drivable so I rented a car. According to the police report I was not at fault. Since I do not have collision insurance I put in a claim with the insurance company of the party at fault.

This insurance company has told me they will only pay 10 days of car insurance and also tell me that they have 45 days to settle the claim. The 10 days of car insurance is running out, I do not have a statement from the insurance company that they accept fault, they have have not yet sent an adjuster to look at my car.

Are there laws in NJ that address claim settlements and do they apply to the above?

All help is appreciated!

racer72

You are about to discover one of the problems of not having full insurance coverage and relying on an insurance company that has no obligaition to you beyond it's cusomer's policy limits.

paulvanhelmond

Thanks for your input grandpa racer72.

Is this realy true? On-line I found that in WA state there are minimum standards for handling claims. Is there nothing for NJ?

The insurance company of the party at fault is All State. Is there a place where I can find their policy limits?

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">