• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Car deposit problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dapril_

What is the name of your state? Nevada

After my car was in an accident last Monday, I was left without a vehicle and no other means of transportation. I filed my claim with the insurance company very first thing Tuesday morning. I explained to the representative that I would need a rental car as soon as possible, and she had told me that she would put a rush on the claim. She also suggested that I contact a rental car company myself and that as soon as the claim was assigned to an adjuster I would be reim for the deposit and direct billing would be set up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a credit card to put on file and had to use my check card. I figured that the acct would be ok since it was supposed to only be a hold. The rental company ran the card as a purchase, so they were paid and the item posted to my account. This has caused a few checks to be returned and some overdraft fees to be assessed. I talked to the adj. on Friday and she stated that she would set up direct billing for the car, which would make the funds available in my account again. That was almost a week ago and I still have not been credited nor contacted by her. I haven't even heard what her offer is for my car!

Are they responsible for the overdraft/NSF fees? Can I ask them for compensation for the hassle as well as the negative impact on my credit report?

HomeGuru

dapril_ said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

After my car was in an accident last Monday, I was left without a vehicle and no other means of transportation. I filed my claim with the insurance company very first thing Tuesday morning. I explained to the representative that I would need a rental car as soon as possible, and she had told me that she would put a rush on the claim. She also suggested that I contact a rental car company myself and that as soon as the claim was assigned to an adjuster I would be reim for the deposit and direct billing would be set up. Unfortunately, I didn't have a credit card to put on file and had to use my check card. I figured that the acct would be ok since it was supposed to only be a hold. The rental company ran the card as a purchase, so they were paid and the item posted to my account. This has caused a few checks to be returned and some overdraft fees to be assessed. I talked to the adj. on Friday and she stated that she would set up direct billing for the car, which would make the funds available in my account again. That was almost a week ago and I still have not been credited nor contacted by her. I haven't even heard what her offer is for my car!

Are they responsible for the overdraft/NSF fees? Can I ask them for compensation for the hassle as well as the negative impact on my credit report?
**A: yes and why are you waiting for her to call you? Call her daily 3 times a day if you have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">