• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental car hit by a semi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zaheeda

What is the name of your state?
illinois

dear sir, i had rented a mazda 3 with hertz, on my husband's name, with his credit card, for a day with me being the designated driver. while travelling to work, i was hit by a semi. the passenger side of the car was damaged. the semi , i believe carried no damage. i hurt my knee( bruising and swelling), and the safety belt left bruises on my body towards the neck.now, the deal is i have liability coverage on my car and this is carried to the rental car. so basically damage to the semi is covered with my insurance. i declined the LDW the rental company offered so my credit card company will cover the collision insurance for the rental car(how much i do not know). is there anything else i need to know or do to get things worked out. also, i was hit by the semi, but the driver of the semi says otherwise. at the time of handing out the discharge papers the police gave me a ticket for lane misuse. but i know i was not at fault. will this prove detrimental to my case.
also, can i do anything to contest the ticket.

moburkes

Since you haven't given information on what happened, we don't know if the ticket is valid. If it was your fault, then your liability covers the damage to the semi, and your credit card company (if they offer it) will cover damage to the rental. If it wasn't your fault, then the semi's insurance company will cover your medical and the damage to your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">