• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Car Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PenutButterChip

What is the name of your state?MA
I was in an accident in Sep 04, Rear ended. I drive an SUV, so when I called her insurance they said I could rent an SUV. 53 dollars a day. So I had it for about 23 days before they called the rental place and told them they werent paying. They didnt even call me. So now I am stuck with an 1100 dollar bill because they changed their minds.

I would like to know if I can sue the woman who hit me, for the amount of the rental. I am not suing for any injuries, I just dont feel like I should pay for this rental since it was her fault of hitting me and damaging my car.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PenutButterChip said:
What is the name of your state?MA
I was in an accident in Sep 04, Rear ended. I drive an SUV, so when I called her insurance they said I could rent an SUV. 53 dollars a day. So I had it for about 23 days before they called the rental place and told them they werent paying. They didnt even call me. So now I am stuck with an 1100 dollar bill because they changed their minds.

I would like to know if I can sue the woman who hit me, for the amount of the rental. I am not suing for any injuries, I just dont feel like I should pay for this rental since it was her fault of hitting me and damaging my car.

My response:

What was the exact date of the accident?

What was the exact date you took your car in for repair?

What was the exact date your car repair was completed and ready for delivery to you?

What was the exact date you took your car out of repair?

What were the problems encountered from getting your car repaired quicker than it was?

IAAL

Last edited:

PenutButterChip

The accident was on the 13th, I got the rental a few days later, I took my car to the body shop they told me it was a safety issue that I shouldnt be driving it but they had a wait to get it fixed. So I took it back home parked it in my driveway and waited for them to call me to tell me I could bring it in.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PenutButterChip said:
The accident was on the 13th, I got the rental a few days later, I took my car to the body shop they told me it was a safety issue that I shouldnt be driving it but they had a wait to get it fixed. So I took it back home parked it in my driveway and waited for them to call me to tell me I could bring it in.

My response:

When you decide that you want to answer my questions, and stop beating around the bush, then come on back.

IAAL

JETX

And one more question for you to answer.....
What was the EXACT reason the insurance company gave when they "told them they werent paying."???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

When you decide that you want to answer my questions, and stop beating around the bush, then come on back.

IAAL

My further response:

I guess our writer hasn't decided yet. . .

IAAL

PenutButterChip

JetX

They said they were not going to pay for a rental if my car wasnt getting repaired. Because I had it not the auto body shop. But it wasnt drivable for safety reasons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">