• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Car - Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cs25

What is the name of your state? Texas

My car was deemed a total loss today, how long do I get to keep the rental car. There has been no agreement on FMV I should be getting for the vehicle yet. The other party's insurance company is providing the rental car.

Last edited:

What does your insurance policy say? It's usually 30 days, but it should be on your policy. Otherwise, ask your agent or call the carrier directly.

randalltx

Rental Reimbursement TX "Deemed Total Loss"

The Texas "Consumer Bill of Rights" sent with your auto policy states that no rental reimbursement is required after the vehicle is deemed a "Total Loss."

My truck was totalled and I found out about this after renting for a month.

It is totally unreasonable but it is in black and white.

I am dealing with Hartford for two months. They haven't even tried to pay me yet.

They are all crooks. Then they complain we get lawyers. Go figure.

randy

S

shell007

randalltx said:
The Texas "Consumer Bill of Rights" sent with your auto policy states that no rental reimbursement is required after the vehicle is deemed a "Total Loss."

My truck was totalled and I found out about this after renting for a month.

It is totally unreasonable but it is in black and white.

I am dealing with Hartford for two months. They haven't even tried to pay me yet.

They are all crooks. Then they complain we get lawyers. Go figure.

randy
I agree 100%. As they say "the squeaky wheel gets oiled first"! Keep on them to bring this issue to a resolution.

Have they said anything at all about the length of time re: the rental?

Sounds like the "ball is in their court"!

Good Luck! :)

Who's Liable?

Usually with rental cars, it is up to a MAX of 30-days, unless stated otherwise... Be careful though as they can drop it without telling you, and you get to pay what is remaining of the bill...

For example, your rent the car for 7 days, insurance cancels your coverage after 4 days but doesn't tell you. yo uhave to pay the remaining 3 days for the car or turn it in... The car rental company WILL come after your for the 3 days as they are a separate company...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">