• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental car totaled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmjsh

What is the name of your state?
Indiana. My husband rented a car for a guy on his credit card withouth rental car insurance. This guy totalled the car a week ago and just now told my husband. This guy has no insurance. We do have auto insurance, but since my husband was not the driver, will this be covered by our insurance?

stephenk

did you husband sign any of the paperwork for the rental? was the driver of the car listed on the rental as the person who would be driving the car?

P

Pfaffing85690

The simple fact is your husband is the legal renter and is therefore liable for all damages to the rental car. He has no recourse but to either pay for the repairs or file an insurance claim and explain to his insurance company why he let an uninsured motorist drive the car.

Either way, your husband is legally responsible for this rental car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">