• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Reimbursement Coverage when car is totalled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schollkl

I am insured in Ohio, and got into an automobile accident in Pennsylvania for which I was NOT at fault. The insurance company totalled my car yesterday, and told me that my rental coverage will only last for 3 more days. The adjustor also told me that I would not be able to subrogate any additional rental reimbursement from the other driver's insurance company. I thought that the law allowed me to seek compensation for any damages arising from the accident, including rental reimbursement. Also, can I collect for pain, suffering, inconvenience, etc.? The adjustor was trying to determine if I had full or limited TORT, but since I do not live in Pennsylvania, it does not state that on my policy. What are my rights concerning the rental reimbursement and the TORT?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">