• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AudreyW

I live in Arizona. I just had my car repo. How can I get my car back? I want to make the payment. Toyota states I have to wait on a letter which I know it will be a week before I received it. What can I do? Do I have to wait on the letter, can I just pay what I owe? Please advise me.

Thank you,

Audrey

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

AudreyW said:
I live in Arizona. I just had my car repo. How can I get my car back? I want to make the payment. Toyota states I have to wait on a letter which I know it will be a week before I received it. What can I do? Do I have to wait on the letter, can I just pay what I owe? Please advise me.

Thank you,

Audrey
My response:

By State law, they are required to inform you of your rights in writing. Because you breached the contract, now you have to wait for that paperwork to be processed. Also, as a result of the breach, and the reposession, the rules have changed, and the amount required to "rehabilitate" the contract.

Their letter to you will detail your current arrearages, their costs, the reposession charges, interest, and other penalties being charged to you. Once you receive their letter, then you can decide how best to deal with the situation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">