• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requesting Help on a Auto. Acc. Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Articfuze

Facts(plz scroll down)
1. Accident Date: *4/5/95
2. Police Report: Young Careless female Driver entering the interstate
causing a 5 car collision accident.
3. *10/95 Moved To Texas
4. *7/97; my parents were called upon to New York for deposition
A. Deposition with 5 lawyers from 7 a.m to 7 p.m (all day)
B. Asked many times for a written copy of the deposition but failed
To comply.
5. *9/00 received call for medical Exam
A. 10/00 Went to New York for medical Exam
6. *12/00 Settlement paper arrived for Authorization Signature
A. Money sources from 3 automobile company
Insurance Company A: 25,000.00
Insurance Company B: 2,000.00
Insurance Company C: 1,500.00
TOTAL= 28,500.00
5. Junked Car: 3,000 Miles, 3 years old, and worth about 16,000.00
car, he said, would be covered under the collision insurance if we had it, or if not was included in the total amount. The car was under liability insurance, and he not sound very assuring on the matter. The requested medical records were not given, as to excuses that the secretary was not available or the firm was very busy due to New Years weekend. This information has been requested from 12/26 to 1/7 but did not receive a reply, so we have obliged to write this letter and ask for help. We estimate that our medical bills come close to about 20,000 from 5 or more known medical sources. After we received the settlement document, I also asked if our medical bills were enclosed in the total amount(28,500.00) or how it was going to be paid. He explained to some extent, that our medical bills were supposed to be summed up and to have it rejected by the insurance company for the arbitrary to begin. I was very confused by this action as he asked me to give him the total medical bills and by the fancy law vocabularies. What would happen in the future if we did not sign this settlement document? What procedures would we have to take and the solution to this confusing matter? We think that there is something fishy going about this case and that it is definitely going in the wrong direction. We have asked our lawyer constantly to update us by phone and have requested mail(written deposition, etc..), but all have been met by failure and constant frustration( He Never Reply's Back!!). We request some advice from anyone familiar in this matter, that can guide us wisely and correctly through this situation.

Please anyone who has experience in this matter, leave a viewpoint of a opinion on what should be done.

[Edited by Articfuze on 01-12-2001 at 10:10 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">