• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

livechoice

State of Nevada

I was in an accident where another driver caused me to crash into a Nevada power electrical box. The driver that caused the accident took off and now the power company is coming after me to pay for the repairs to the electrical box. I was told by the officer at the scene that I would not be responsible to pay for the box since the accident was not my fault so I am wondering if that is legally true.

Last edited:

ecmst12

Depends, did the other vehicle make contact with yours at all? If not, then you WILL end up being found at fault for the accident, if the phantom vehicle was unidentified. Unless, perhaps, there was a witness who saw it and told the investigating officer.

livechoice

I was told that my insurance company would cover up to my maximum of $5000 so I am wondering if I am responsible for the balance due. There were several witnesses who confirmed with the officer that another car had caused the accident but no one was able to get the plate number. The officer indicated in the police report that the accident was not by fault so if I was not negligent how can I be responsible to pay for the damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">