• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sabine wimmer

denver colorado
my friend was working on my car and took it for a test drive. he was headed southbound about 3 to 4 car lengths behind a driver who pulled up to the curb between some other parked cars. as my friend passed the other driver, he was stuck by the driver that pulled over to the curb .my friend thought he was parking but the guy was making a u turn.he never even looked to see if there was any traffic coming. the other driver also assaulted my friend .the police gave the driver a citation for illegal u-turn and assault . the cop drew the accident report showing my car over in the north bound lane but it was only pushed up to the center line.my car never left the southbound lane but this guys insurance company says we assumed the risk by passing in the northbound lane and refused to pay my claim.the victims advocate then called on the assault charge and wanted to know if we wanted restitution or jail time or probation for this guy.since his insurance denied my claim should we settle this with restitution or should we appeal to his insurance?

Last edited:

racer72

Your post makes no sense because most of it is written with one long sentence and it is really hard to give an answer to your OP when we do not know what you are talking about and it sounds like you may have two different issues but as I said it is hard to tell what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">