• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reved to much to drink

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smilesfrsd

my husband had a car accident while under the influence of alcohol, on 6/19/00. His uranalysis showed he was 2 times over the legal limit. i would like to know if he can sue the sports bar he was coming home from that night? Again on 6/3 he was at the same sports bar and i had to pick him up because he could barely walk and talk, because again he had too much to drink. Are they (sports bar) liable for serving him even after his had too much, and if they are, does he still have time to sue them? We live in san diego, california

racer72

Ever heard of personal responsibility? Your husband has an obvious drinking problem yet you want to direct the blame to somewhere else. Some states do have laws in place that say drinking establishments can be held liable if they overserve a patron. The law also states that only the victim of the over intoxicated person can sue, not the drinker. I would not call your husband a victim in your case, I would call an alcohol treatment facility instead.

S

smilesfrsd

especially for RACER 72

Listen buddy, it was only a ?. U don't have to take it personal. I never called my husband a victim, or tried to put the blame on someone else. It seems like u have nothing better to do, than give smart remarks to people's ?'s. I can see why u requested not to receive emails. Your response was of no help. People access this website for help, not your personal opinion.
Have A Nice Day.

racer72

My brother was killed by a drunk driver. He was 6 years old and ran down like a dog while he was playing in the front yard of a freinds house. There is NO FREAKING EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for someone to die like that. Get your head out of you behind and smell the roses. Both you and your husband need a good lawyer and counseling. Normally I wish folks on this board good luck but I can't in this case.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: especially for RACER 72

smilesfrsd said:
I never called my husband a victim, or tried to put the blame on someone else.
My response:

Oh, yeah ?

Didn't you say the following ?

"Are they (sports bar) liable for serving him even after his had too much, and if they are, does he still have time to sue them? "

The question, itself, in essence, is a statement of the fact that you *think* your husband is a "victim" and that you are trying "to put the blame on someone else", e.g., the sportsbar and it's owner.

So, what would you call your question ? An admission of your husband's guilt, negligence, stupidity and alcoholism, and complete disregard for the rights and safety of others ? No, I doubt you see life like that. It's your way of enabling your drunken jerk of a husband, and in fact, trying to ease the pain you're experiencing, and to blame someone else for his stupidness.

I agree with Racer - - get your head out of your butt, and smell something nicer.

IAAL

P.S. What the hell is a " Reved " anyway ?

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 06-11-2001 at 04:43 PM]

S

smilesfrsd

I'm sorry; I didn’t realize you both are perfect. I'm so privileged to meet not one but two perfect people. Both of you are obviously mad at the world. You must be free of sin, right? Sure you are. And to add a little bit more anger to you, this happened over a year ago. The punishment my husband received was a $150.00 fine & 2 days of community service, not one day in jail. Some of us are so lucky. Now doesn't that really piss u off?

Ps: Am I always liable
You’re smart, aren’t you?
Figure it out.

LegalBeagle

smilesfrsd said:
I'm sorry; I didn’t realize you both are perfect. I'm so privileged to meet not one but two perfect people. Both of you are obviously mad at the world. You must be free of sin, right? Sure you are. And to add a little bit more anger to you, this happened over a year ago. The punishment my husband received was a $150.00 fine & 2 days of community service, not one day in jail. Some of us are so lucky. Now doesn't that really piss u off?
No, not at all. It just shows what a brainless idiot you are for staying a whole year with a drunk who wouldn't care a damn if he killed someone.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

smilesfrsd said:
And to add a little bit more anger to you, this happened over a year ago.
My response:

Actually, I'm cheering, and that's because of your above statement !

Even IF your alcoholic husband had a Cause of Action, the Statute of Limitations has expired ! There's NOTHING your drunk husband can do about this now.

So, yes, I am smart. You didn't figure this out during the Limitations period ?

IAAL

S

smilesfrsd

Like I said, some of us are so lucky.
Ha Ha Ha :) :) :) It's fun making you angry.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We're all so happy that you're happy !

Yes, your ignorance, drunken stupidy, and lack of education, is bliss !

Oh, and speaking of ignorance, here's another "hint" of what your drunken, alcoholic, husband (and you) have to look forward to . . . Taylor v. Super. Ct. (Stille) (1979) 24 Cal.3d 890.

Find the case, and read it. It's lots of fun. It foretells your future.

So now, you can crawl back into the hole from where you came from.

Yes, it's fun knowing you and your husband are both stupid.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

smilesfrsd said:
Like I said, some of us are so lucky.
Ha Ha Ha :) :) :) It's fun making you angry.
Your stupidity knows no bounds.. You are not lucky, and one day you will realize this.. angry? it would take someone far greater than you to even get me miffed, let alone angry.

Now, be a good little girl and go away..

S

smilesfrsd

Ha, Ha, HA. Sticks and stones. I can tell from your remarks & your insults, how unhappy you really are. My problems are minimal compared to yours. As you can read, the punishment my husband received was very light. On the other hand your problem is bitterness, and I'm not sure that that can be fixed. Poor thing, all your life you'll be bitter & that's why you try to make everybody feel as low as you. It didn't work. Try someone else, maybe someone with low self-esteem like you. My day is made & my work here is done. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Bye Bye Birdie.
Continue wasting your time, if that's what makes you happy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Oh, my dear. Your troubles are not over. You didn't read "Taylor".

The criminal end might be over - for now, but you forgot about the Civil end.

Happy, happy, joy, joy, yer ass !

IAAL

S

Saffamer

You know, I don't feel that I would HAVE to make you feel as "low" as me. I mean, you are trying to blame a bar for your husband's drinking problem. How much lower do you need to get? So what that your husband's punishment was light. Good for you, would you like a medal? How about a beer instead? Oh wait, better not offer you that, you might sue me.

Bitter...You know why I'm bitter? About ten years ago, I was going to church with my godparents. Early Sunday morning to set the scene. One of our fellow churchgoers was crossing the street to the church while her husband parked the car. Out of NOWHERE this idiot in a sportscar comes flying down the street and hits her. She lay there dying a horrible death. Her husband watched. A marriage of 50 plus years was over because some guy decided to drive drunk. The best part? He had "gotten off light" four times before. You come back and sing "happy happy joy joy" for the board when your husband kills someone else, kills himself or kills you.

I'm with LegalBeagle, hard labor is too good for the likes of your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">