• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RH Disease/Lack of Rhogam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whit

I am in the beginning phases of a medical malpractice suit that my lawyer is telling me that he will have a difficult time proving cause. There is no doubt that there was negligence, but one of the negligent acts is the evidence we need to prove the case. Is there some kind of a statue that covers that? at 28 weeks of a pregnancy you are suppossed to get a antibody screen and shot of Rhogam to prevent RH disease. I did not get either. I ended up having a child from RH disease. The only way I can prove that I didnt have the disease prior to that 28 week mark is by having the screen, which she didnt do. HELP>>>>>>>

P

PamSJS

Dear Whit;

First of all, Rh is not a disease; I'll explain this as simply as I can.

If your blood type is A negative and your husbands is A negative, you will have a baby with A negative blood. If you are A pos and your husband is A neg, you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if you are A neg and your husband is A positive, then there is a possibility that you child will be A positive, and this could cause complications.

When you first found out you were pregnant and went to the doc, they did blood work to determine your blood type. If you are Rh negative, they should have flagged your chart so they would know to give you the Rhogam at 28 weeks. If they failed to do this, they have been negligent.

Usually, this does not cause problems with a first pregnancy, but can indeed cause consequences with future pregnancies.

If I can be of assistance, you may contact me by e-mail at <[email protected]>. I am a legal nurse consultant and my work involves reviewing medical records for lawyers and potential plaintiffs.

Best of Luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">