• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

road hazard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrbamba

I'll make this short. I recently had a car accident involving my car and a baker's rack in the middle of the freeway. The rack had just fallen within a minute before I got there - at least thats what the Illinois State Police said and there was nothing he could've done to prevent me from hitting it. Can I sue the company who owned the bakers rack?...and for how much?

Can this be done without a lawsuit? and How?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

If you know the name of the company that owns the rack, then of course, you should make a claim with that company first. I hope you kept the evidence.

Then, if they refuse to settle, or settle fairly, then your only other alternative would be to sue the company.

Where's your insurance in this equation?

IAAL

M

mrbamba

All I have is just liability for my auto insurance. Thank you for your response - its just as I thought.

HomeGuru

I would like to know what the other driver was baking or maybe just roasting some roadkill.

Dependent on the type of rack it was, the manufacturer would blame the accident on faulty installation on the part of the owner or whoever installed the rack to the vehicle.

Your cousin,
La Bamba

[Edited by HomeGuru on 12-10-2000 at 01:38 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">