• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salmonella Poisoning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stefanie Porter

What is the name of your state? indiana
my husband contracted salmonella thru kfc in sept. it has been proven by lab tests. kfc wants to settle, but we need to know how much to ask for. he was out of work for two weeks, still his bowels are not better. he was in pain from severe to mild for a month, he had to be away from his 6 month old son for 3 days. we know to ask for medical bills and wages, how much for pain and suffering?

HomeGuru

Stefanie Porter said:
What is the name of your state? indiana
my husband contracted salmonella thru kfc in sept. it has been proven by lab tests. kfc wants to settle, but we need to know how much to ask for. he was out of work for two weeks, still his bowels are not better. he was in pain from severe to mild for a month, he had to be away from his 6 month old son for 3 days. we know to ask for medical bills and wages, how much for pain and suffering?

**A: $1000.

S

Stefanie Porter

Compensation for food poisoning

why only 1000.00 he suffered for 1 week with 102 temp, excrutiating abdominal pain, only after antibiotics did he start to get somewhat better after another 2 weeks?

H

hmmbrdzz

I'm interested, too, in knowing why only $1000.00. (I read your post yesterday and found it intersting, and so I subscribed to it, waiting for a reply to see what someone might suggest.) Salmonella is just awful stuff. I'm sure your husband was terribly ill. Good luck with whatever you request (but I'd sure be requesting more than $1000.00 if KFC were willing to negotiate.) But then again I'm not attorney. There may be a good reason for the $1000.00 request for pain and suffering.

hmmbrdzz

HomeGuru

Re: Compensation for food poisoning

Stefanie Porter said:
why only 1000.00 he suffered for 1 week with 102 temp, excrutiating abdominal pain, only after antibiotics did he start to get somewhat better after another 2 weeks?

**A: ok, what is your settlement offer then.

gowest

(...hand waving in the air...and yelling I know, I know, I know the answer.)

A. It is anybody's guess... (1,000 was a guess). That's why you have a lawyer. You do have a lawyer, right?

H

hmmbrdzz

I was interested in that, too, ie, where's the attorney in these negotiations going on with KFC. No buckets here today.

hmmbrdzz

HomeGuru

gowest said:
(...hand waving in the air...and yelling I know, I know, I know the answer.)

A. It is anybody's guess... (1,000 was a guess). That's why you have a lawyer. You do have a lawyer, right?

**A: Wow. Precisely my point. A+.
But I did not clarify if the $1000 was original recipe or extra crispy.
If ya got that, that would have been for extra credit gowest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">